Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Path to be a PE Teacher

Throughout the week we have been unpacking the different standards for teaching. In Monday's class we discussed Common Core and how the school system changed over from Essential Standards to Common Core without the teachers even having a chance to learn any of the material. I think that was one of the craziest thing the school system could have done. The positive side of that note is that when we enter the teaching field after we graduate we won't have to make a transition like that. Another subject we unpacked was the K-Know, U-Understand, and D- Do for teaching students. This for me was kind of challenging for the subject that I am wanting to teach. There is only so much you can incorporate into a PE class.

One of the many thoughts that have been running through my head is when I become a PE teacher how am I going to incorporate technology into my setting? If I am placed into a gym as my classroom there is not much room for technology. There have been some thoughts thrown around in my Intro to Health, Physical Education, and Wellness class on different methods of putting technology in a PE class, but to me none of them sound really logical.

In Wednesday's class I really enjoyed learning the about the model of content, technology, and pedagogy. I didn't really think about blending them all together, but after having a long discussion about how to incorporate all three to be a successful teacher everything started to come together. Our teachers then put us into groups for us to make a practice, six-point lesson plan. I believe this exercise took us a step closer into understanding ways and methods for us to teach. Everyday I am learning more and more about my career path and each day I can't wait to attend class. There is always a great discussion awaiting when we enter that door.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you can find a way to incorporate technology into your classes one day. It's going to be an amazing/interesting finding. As you already said, we are learning more and more each day and this is only the entrance of the great teaching path. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeley,

    Why do you feel that teaching PE limits your ability to use technology or different strategies? Is it sometimes harder for PE teachers to use technology? Possibly. Can utilizing technology to improve instruction be done within PE? Absolutely. Hopefully, this class has you thinking about ways to achieve this goal.

    What is your action plan to achieve this goal? What outside learning resources are you utilizing to support this goal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. keeley,
    I am on the same page with you on the technology part. Technology can be incorporated in possibly a musical sense however for playing a sport I do not see any purpose or use in using technology.

    ReplyDelete