Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Journey to a PE Teacher....

This week we have been doing a lot of work on our own and learning what the life of a teacher is going to be like. Creating lesson plans and working on the content knowledge part of teaching is just a small part of what we are learning to do. I had to create my first lesson plan this week and while I sat down to start them I learned that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I actually enjoyed writing a lesson plan it taught me more about the standards for my area of concentration. Many people think that PE teachers lesson plans aren't going to be that difficult, but I am planning on teaching high school students and if you know anything about the teenagers of todays you know that they are lazy and most of them are very stubborn. PE teachers in high schools today are not teaching what they should, so the teachers of the future are going to have a little pressure on them to make sure these kids are staying active and get them involved. I personally feel like the lesson plans for a Health and Physical Education class is going to be just as difficult as a lesson plan for a high school English class.

 When I become a teacher I want to put a lot of effort into my lesson plans for my students that way when they walk away from my class they can say that it taught them something they can use for the future. I may not reach every student that walks through my door, but I want to make an impact in some students lives and that is my main reason why I want to go into this profession. I cant wait until we dive straight into more of the needy greedy parts of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Kelley,

    When I read your reason to go into this profession, I feel that you are going in the right direction. I disagree with the way you say that high school PE teachers are not teaching what they should. Maybe it is because someone helped me to learn that the way we talk must be appropriate, and each word must be analyzed because the words never will come back into your mouth. It's just a little advice if it is welcome. Maybe you can say that in your experience, you saw some high school PE teachers that you disagree with, and you are going to try to do it better or something like that.

    For sure you are going to be a great High School PE teacher.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeley,
    I appreciate your perspective on lesson planning and I am glad to see you have already begun to like the process. There will plenty of opportunities over the next two years for you to perfect this process. The role of a PE teacher is changing, and now PE teachers are required to teach more than PE. How can you start learning about literacy integration now and practice truly integrating that information into your lesson plans?

    ReplyDelete