Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My Journey to be a PE Teacher


          As the first week started off in EDUC 250 I knew then that I was in the right field. I just recently switched my major over from Sports Management to Health and Physical Education. When I first made this decision I was kind of nervous where this was going to lead me, but so far I think I made the right decision.
           All my life I have enjoyed sports and anything that had to with sports, so when I got older I knew that my career had to involve sports or anything competitive. When I was in high school in Physical Education I was always so active because I just loved to be competitive, whether it was kickball or a game of basketball. When I talked to my Intro to Health and Physical Education teacher about my passion and what I wanted to do with my life she knew immediately that I need to be in the Health and Physical Education field.
           When I graduate with my degree in Health and Physical Education I want to go work at my former high school, Burns High School. My first priority while I am there is to teach students how to live a healthy life and how to be active. My next priority is becoming the softball coach there. Ever since I had to give softball up after high school I knew then I wanted to coach. I hope that this career teaches me more than I will ever teach the students. I can't wait to start my journey as a Health and Physical Education major.




No comments:

Post a Comment