I am learning more and more about myself each time I walk into the classroom of EDUC 250. Every time we attend class we are forced to think about concepts in a different way. I feel like by the time I get out of this class it will make me feel like I can be a fantastic teacher based on the standards and the levels we are achieving already.
In Monday's we were to research a certain philosophy that was assigned to each group. My group was assigned progressivism. Progressivist a believe that education should focus on the child not on the content or the teacher. Students will learn by the questions they access by experiences that they encounter. I really took a lot out of this certain class because I learned more than I knew about these philosophies of education.
I have thought to myself about how am I going to use all of this philosophies as a PE teacher. When I thought about my gym is going to be my classroom and my students will have to learn how to certain activities that I will have to instruct. If I don't have a good method of teaching all of those kids are going to walk away with nothing from PE. I had an experience like that while I was in high that all my PE teacher would do is make us walk a lap or two and then come in and do nothing but bring out a couple basketballs. I learned nothing from that class other than my teachers didn't much for me or other students that taught us how to be active. I hope that when I become a PE teacher one day that my students will look at me and say I really learned a lot in your class and you taught me about life when most PE teachers wouldn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment