Wednesday, November 11, 2015
The teaching continues...
This week we have continued to watch our fellow classmates teach us a lesson and some of them have been real interesting but some of them have kinda bore me. We also went over integration this week in class and I didn't realize the huge role it played in teaching. As teachers we have to learn to integrate different subjects in different ways so that it will all connect together. If we as future teachers put integration at our goal then our students will leave your class knowing that they can use what they learned in our classroom and apply to the rest of their school. In PE we can use literacy to help integrate different subject in our classroom. I went to observe an elementary class this week and they were playing a matching game in PE. There were different words and pictures on the cards and the students had to use motor skills to get to the other side of the gym and pick out the picture that matched the card they were given. The students loved this game and the game taught them words that some of them didn't even know. This teacher had integrated different skills all into one lesson and done a fantastic job. That is what teaching is all about is to take different lessons and apply them to things that the kids will understand and how they could apply it to their lives. I hope that when I enter into my classroom this will be the focus of mine and the students and if it is my classroom will be filled with learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great thoughts on integration! I am glad our conversations in class have been meaningful to you. Integration is huge and vital for PE teachers. What action steps do you have after our conversation?
ReplyDeleteHow does this sync with the NCTCS?